The Parsonage Barn, c. 1741, once belonged to the Parsonage Plantation of the Presbyterian Church of Cranbury. For more than 260 years, the barn, with its hand-hewn white oak timbers, stood in its original location on the North side of Cranbury Neck Road. In 2004, the Township entered into an agreement with the NJ Barn Company so the Parsonage Barn, thought to be the oldest barn in Cranbury, could eventually be reconstructed in Cranbury. The barn was dismantled and the frame was stored with the NJ Barn Company. In 2009, after Cranbury Historical & Preservation Society and Cranbury Landmarks, Inc. agreed to provide the funds to complete the barn reconstruction, the Township made a final payment to the NJ Barn Company. The NJ Barn Company repaired the barn’s historic timbers, c.1741, and reconstruction of the 24’ X 36’ Parsonage Barn by Kaiser Building Co. began at the Barn Park on July 26, 2010. The Parsonage Barn was dedicated on November 7, 2010.
Book the Barn
The Society schedules events at the barn during the spring, summer, and fall and it has been the setting for wedding ceremonies and wedding photos. It is not available for wedding receptions . The Parsonage Barn does not have electricity, heat, water or restroom facilities. No alcoholic beverages or smoking is allowed in the Parsonage Barn or at the Cranbury Barn Park. To arrange for a tour or to schedule your own event, please contact Audrey Smith at or 609-655-5361.